NVA 0.00% 13.5¢ nova minerals limited

I feel like we are coming full circle here. When Nova first...

1. 689 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1236
    I feel like we are coming full circle here. When Nova first stated use of ore sorters in their process sheet I did some research on this. Having contacts through EPCs and EPCMs in mining asked a few process engineers what their thoughts were.

The over riding comment was didn’t matter what application it worked in, the most critical factor was the composition of dirt/product going through the sorters. This is why certain applications it just doesn’t work, but there’s examples out there of gold miners using ore sorting to reprocess the scats from their tailings through them - because once processed the scats composition makes them more ideal to ore sorting.

The reason gold miners aren’t as “into” ore sorting is because the heap leach process is such a cheap methodology for extraction, and sometimes these process engineers can be fearful of change. They have a known and trusted process, why change it?

I think that latest announcement from De Grey defines it well, they are considering ore sorters for some of their deposit because it’s composition is amenable to sorting - others obviously are not, and given ore sorting is at the start of the milling process - they pick and choose what goes through sorters and what doesn’t.

upload_2023-5-31_5-58-12.png

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NVA (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.