AGY 0.00% 4.2¢ argosy minerals limited

General Comments & Banter, page-10022

1. 411 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 58

I do know the area, the original smelting plant was quite detrimental to the surrounding environment as you are aware of, if you know the area!!..lol.. Any mining or process is or has the potential to damage the environment, that’s a given, although it’s going to be very interesting with 3 plants relatively close to each other, and the impact they will make on many levels.

I’m not going to get into a discussion of hydroxide V carbonate...but the fact that AGY has the technology for both, does enable swift and relative adaptation between markets ... The fact is, there will be a market for both, demand is something else. The development of batteries may change once again as new methods or cost saving strategies are Developed.

AGY is being developed as a company along the lines of modern start up. You may of heard of a book called the Emyth?...by Michael Gerber, it’s interesting and worth a read.... I’ve never liked the ‘build it and they will come’ tag that has often been used here, it’s old fashioned and no longer works, that’s not what is being done here....create an MVP (AGY lithium carbonate/hydroxide) and find a customer who wants it. So far we have proof of market, proof of process, proof of quality(unverified by a 3rd party as yet) proof of scalability, proof of cost all have been ticked off, proof of customer will be via an OT, this is why size of deposit is actually not of importance to AGY...we can acquire land, we can get others to build ponds on their land and we can bring the processing technology to them...

all of which are the framework for a successful modern business..I applaud the AGY team for this approach, it’s still very misunderstood in the traditionalist mining sector, however nearly everyone of the apps on your phone have been built this way, it’s their ability to attract and maintain paying customers that makes them valuable...

This is the reason process has been first, without that you have nothing. I’m very keen to learn more about the DE methods, this is the next development for briners, but as yet it’s to be proven both at scale, and at cost. I feel this at present is holding them back. Those companies are using the defining of their resource as a smoke screen, in the hope that proven DE cost and technology will catch up about the time they have defined the resource,quite a gamble I think... I believe after spending so long in the industry Pablo has got some ideas up his sleeve...but it’s not for now..!!
    I believe that an oversupply in spod will come long before the oversupply of hydroxide or carbonate, another reason for the big boys to control finished supply to the market....spod is not the final product, and potentially hard rock miners will find themselves between a rock and a hard place..albeit not for sometime...

IMO & DYOR..
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $62.60M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.2¢ 4.3¢ 4.2¢ $31.68K 754.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 1686445 4.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.2¢ 116438 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.51am 18/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AGY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.