AGY 0.00% 4.1¢ argosy minerals limited

General Comments & Banter, page-14607

1. 792 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1827
    Thanks guys, very informative.

I guess it's a fair point that companies want to see us produce 100 tonnes well before going balls deep in helping to fund us through stage 2/3.

So that's the current game plan hey? See how we go with producing this amount and price ourselves. Not bad, I like it.

I would always like to consider myself a fairly balanced poster in terms of bias and ramping. VLV may I challenge the statement (which I do also hear from copious trusted articles and sources) that the poor quality lithium is in oversupply and this whole oversupply thing for battery grade is a misconception?

To me this would make sense if low quality lithium price were falling whilst battery grade prices were at least stable. The good quality lithium pricing is also falling down; basic supply demand / economics tells us that there therefore must be a slight over supply of battery grade lithium too. Also, I recall one of the lithium giants releasing in an announcement that they were "strategically stockpiling" their lithium rather than selling it, because they couldn't sell it at the price they wanted at the quantities they were producing.

Long term -- battery grade won't be in oversupply no way, the exponential nature of demand will be too difficult to keep up with imo.

This brings me into large agreement with vivas statement that it's actually a positive negative that the lithium market is having a tough time now. It stops so many further projects from starting out. If lithium were doing as well as it was 2 years ago there would be every man and his dog trying to start a lithium project which would also mean in the future there would be an oversupply. It is this very reason that the lithium market isn't doing so great right now that there will be unsufficient supply in the future.

Cheers, Jez
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGY (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.