AGY 2.63% 3.7¢ argosy minerals limited

General Comments & Banter, page-6037

1. Fid
    2,324 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1190
    I came across this a few months ago and dismissed it thinking it's complete nuts but then the South Island of NZ supplies most of the NI power via a cable across Cook Strait I believe.
    Should this preposterous notion ever happen wow!! that's going to take a load of batteries.
    Fid

"A major report into New Zealand's energy future finds demand for electricity will double and forecasts electric vehicles will make up 85 per cent of light vehicles by 2050.
    And as fossil fuels are dumped as a way of powering industry, the Transpower-commissioned report found the equivalent of more than four big wind farms a year would be needed to keep up with surging demand.
    By as early as 2030 electric vehicles (EVs) would make up 40 per cent of the fleet of more than three million light vehicles as they become cheaper to buy, run and have a longer lifespan than internal combustion engines.
    The study predicted the country's peak demand risk would be exacerbated with growing demand being met from increasingly intermittent energy sources. One way of solving this could be a trans tasman cable to import power from Australia — assumed to be generated from vast solar plants in the Outback."
    Grant Bradley
    Energy writer
    NZ Herald
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGY (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.