ADN 14.3% 0.8¢ andromeda metals limited

General comments/chat, page-17246

1. 1,010 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 338
    Apologies, seems to have coding issues on my post, *repost* - original has been reported to be removed.

Fly ash is a fine powder that is a byproduct of burning pulverized coal in electric generation power plants. Fly ash is a pozzolan, a substance containing aluminous and siliceous material that forms cement in the presence of water. When mixed with lime and water, fly ash forms a compound similar to Portland cement.

my first point im going to make is the world is going green why would we continue to use fly ash which is formed via burning of fossil fuels? We are in at the beginning of a global change to renewable energy’s. We know that some of Andromeda’s resources of kaolin halloysite can be dug up with a shovel it is that close to surface. No need for energy consumption to covert it into anything else - simply bagged, sold and added into concrete mix.

Another article I have found is one much more alarming for the use of Flyash which I would not have looked into so thank you @GIGAChad and is to do with the huge health concerns whilst using this product. Having worked in the construction industry I know first hand the arising concerns for developing silicosis after exposure to harmful concrete dust particles. The first step in the ‘hierarchy of control’ is ‘elimination’ - the physical removal of the hazard. Using halloysite/kaolin would fill the gap. Health improvement is priceless.

Acute Lung Disease After
    Exposure to Fly Ash*

Kisuk Cho, M.D.; Yoon Jung Cho, M.D.;
    Deepak K. Shrivastava, M.D.; and
    Sheela S. Kapre, M.D., F.C.C.P.

A 48-year-old man with no history of pulmonary disease
    developed acute lung disease after the intensive exposure of fly ash. He subsequently had progressive worsening of shortness of breath and hypoxemia to the point of requiring mechanical ventilation. Fly ash is a compound consisting of silicon dioxide and various other substances and is used in industrial settings to generate electricity. Exposure to fly ash may cause irritation to the mucous membrane of the respiratory tract and even pulmonary fibrosis in humans. To our knowledge, this is the first case report described in the medical literature of acute lung disease developing after fly ash exposure. (Chest 1994; 106:309-11)

Acute lung disease may occur in persons exposed to heavy concentrations of respirable silica present in fly ash. Fly ash is a compound consisting of silicon dioxide and other mineral substances (Table 1) that are end products of cogeneration plants. Fly ash is used in thermal power stations to generate electricity. It has been associated with a different pattern of tissue injury, including development of silicotic granuloma in lungs after exposure to coal fly ash in experimental animal studies.' We report the unusual case of a 48-year-old man who was exposed to fly ash and developed acute lung disease within 2 weeks of the exposure. To our knowledge, this is the first case of human fly ash exposure as an occupational hazard reported.

What is your take on this @GIGAChad looking forward to your response.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ADN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.