RAC 2.92% $1.94 race oncology ltd

General Comments / Chat, page-10168

1. 2,653 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2396
    I had the chance to talk to JC about the Triangle Report a year ago. We discussed the numbers that were in there and he still said "the Board would be doing very well if they were to get $1Bn in 2 to 3 years' time." I said "so they're suggesting multi billions in annual revenue for CPACS (plus there's FTO) and you're suggesting a $1Bn valuation - what's stopping you from being open to more?" He looked quite cross for a moment and then the conversation moved on.

He also said the Biosynergy mantra was "thou shalt take the money off the table."

I think he's anchoring and capping - I got the sense that with 10M shares he couldn't envision getting over $100M and that he wanted to get a deal done and get back to his day job of advising pharma and chumming up to big pharma.

Now, some time later, there's been a falling out, the share price is down, his strategy has been rejected and I suppose he could be feeling low
    confidence about the share price and somewhat aggrieved or hurt about developments and therefore selling to fulfil any of those motivations.

He could argue to himself that any of these are justified and if it hurts the ST share price it helps him to feel "right".

I think he's wrong and that he's being a d!ck; why would he line up moderate block trades earlier but now be dribbling into market when that's not a way to maximise his value?

Of course he could be pretending to be selling on market, like he did last time when it needed to be announced and the form said "on market" when they were arranged trades through his broker.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RAC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.