RAC 1.61% $1.83 race oncology ltd

Me too @FireflyOne — unfortunately only late August also. Health...

1. 5,130 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3120
    Me too @FireflyOne — unfortunately only late August also. Health workers got somewhat dudded as we required to vaccinate as soon as possible , and AZ the standard , yet within days / weeks now practically anyone can quickly receive a Pfizer & be fully vaccinated within 21 days which is terrific .
    But I’m looking forward very much to getting to my second shot & will pursue a booster, possibly with a Moderna shot from Sept— into 2022 sometime ?

AstraZeneca are well- advanced in trials improving their vaccine to also be resistant to the South African variant, and other variants ultimately. Delta is also significantly circulating there (in South Africa) also now. Delta Plus - AZ still gives protection against Delta Plus variant as well. Of course need get that second shot in for the real protection.

Fortunately the new era vaccines can be fairly quickly twigged and then tested through a large cohort of healthy volunteers and reach approvals within fairly short timeframes from here forwards.

The data from the UK will land within weeks - recommending that recipients of one AstraZeneca shot, receive a followup of either Moderna or Pfizer for greater resistance & efficacy against the delta and other covid variants. (Greater immunity than if receive two AstraZeneca, or even two Pfizer / Moderna shots. Best results if receive an AZ as first shot )
    As expected it sort of doesn’t matter if receive a mix of vaccines - but they really need the data to determine time intervals between vaccines , and the timeframes for booster regimes.
    But excellent immunity can be if receive an AstraZeneca shot first , then an mRNA vaccine booster.
    For international travel , eg. for me to go to Europe next year (hoping) & see my offspring - a third shot / booster is required anyway.

I really like how AstraZeneca was also the preferred vaccine for over 50s in Europe, and Angela Merkel, the German Vice Chancellor received the AstraZeneca vaccine. Then the German research was released last week revealing as expected , enhanced immunity if have a Moderna / Pfizer as no 2. So Chancellor Merkel received a Moderna vaccine as her 2nd shot , virtually immediately, as an excellent example of how vaccine regimes are probably moving.

I still want to receive my second AstraZeneca shot now
    Get the full protection it can give , at this stage of its development now anyway , then boost with Moderna I’m thinking. Missed Pfizer so I missed it is how I’m now reacting, plus it will all be moot by within a year when boosters available for over 50s and anyone vulnerable or seeking enhanced immunity which is all health workers and professionals anyway.
    Going to be ongoing developments with covid vaccines and everyone really must just go and get as soon as possible.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RAC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.83
Change
-0.030(1.61%)
Mkt cap ! $311.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.86 $1.91 $1.79 $169.3K 92.02K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 92 $1.83

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.87 3472 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RAC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.