RAC 2.92% $1.94 race oncology ltd

General Comments / Chat, page-3412

1. 2,658 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2793
    Thought of the week:

Came to the realisation that most Biotech start up to prove their drug does what they say it does. Even if they do not succeed they will continue to flog a dead horse until the end, cap raise after cap raise, until trials fail or drug is not approved, run out of money or management find greener pastures.

Race was merely looking to sell a so called boring Chemo drug that has already jumped through the hoops. Valuation was a potential PRV $100m+ USD and the drug itself say $142m (or there about) before commissions kick-in. Currently market cap exceeds both combined, so has definitely exceeded expectations so far with much more left in the tank!

Bisantrene being identified not only as an FTO inhibitor (but potentially First-in-class and Best-in-class or 1 in 260,000), is the result of City Of Hope's ('COH') and Dr Chen's countless years of research, which has since been backed-up by a second independent study from Uni of Chicago.
    Both world leading cancer research heavy weights - so nothing to be sneezed at. BTW - Dr Chen is now on the Scientific Advisory Board, hmmn, hell-yeah!

Sadly, this may just be a confirmation bias in play, as we all know the success rate is say 1% pre-clinical development actually gets to market. That being said, the usual process is for a Biotech to develop a drug for a purpose and prove it works.

This leads me to the light bulb moment that often the most ground-breaking drug discoveries in history are often by chance rather than through engineered success (for example penicillin, which has changed the world).

My understanding is that independently replicating / verifying the results in the lab is extremely compelling in the scientific community. Having faith in science and as suggested by others - FTO is potentially the reason why Bisantrene has been so successful in the past, so fingers crossed! Not to mention the 40+ clinical trials proving safety and efficacy thus far.

Keep the faith that Bisantrene is one more for the record books, and most importantly enjoy the ride!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RAC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.