RAC 1.55% $1.31 race oncology ltd

General Comments / Chat, page-81

1. 5,027 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3045
    .. particularly back in the first half of the 1990s !
    The global money supply was squeezed through the eye of a needle while expansion everywhere constrained .
    “The recession we all had to have “ .
    Interest rates - even > 20% ! — we paid interest of over 23% also by during 1989 .

The (nominally ex-French- Lederle ) Company was taken over especially for the Production facilities and extensive development site - the vaccine drugs likely , ahead of expanded vaccination globally and compulsory vaccination of children practically everywhere in the world , including eg. Diptheria vaccination .
    ( developed by the Lederle - American parent company in the 50s . )
    Lederle had an extensive emergency drug and overall portfolio - decades of vaccination work , and drug development over the nearly century that the company existed.
    In truth Lederle , (the French connection) really was in name only , only residual French company connection- Lederle sold out predominantly to US interests in 1929 when they got into strife by the end of the 1920s . Lederle as a French company only nominally existed therefore.
    ’Lederle ‘ were beholden to their US- American pharmaceutical Arm , and debt levels had them in strife by the mid 90s.
    Lederle had no say in the matter .

Expensive ongoing research and development was dropped with literally the stroke of a pen then .
    The seedling ‘Wyeth’ which grew from the acquisition , were not focused in Oncology at all . No interest in continuing Oncology research and development.
    Non- oncology and they clearly didn’t see any money in it .

Yes - costs of ongoing phase 3 always an issue - but in the rush and really ruthless rationalisation of assets - Bisantrene didn’t stand a chance .

Bisantrene was already in phase 3 .
    *** Bisantrene still is a Phase 3 asset ***

I realise that you know this even more than I do ! @Mer
    And you are merely pondering how things go as well .

It is good to see you commenting . I appreciate your long history here and entire knowledge of this journey here in Race .
    Thankyou . Let’s hope it can now finally be a good year for Bisantrene and the patients who can truly benefit again . All the best .
    Last edited by Aqua65: 10/02/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RAC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.31
Change
0.020(1.55%)
Mkt cap ! $217.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.31 $1.31 $1.26 $71.25K 55.65K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 200 $1.27

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.31 5950 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.31
  Change
0.020 ( 2.18 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.30 $1.31 $1.26 10789
Last updated 15.59pm 26/04/2024 ?
RAC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.