RAC 1.55% $1.31 race oncology ltd

General Comments / Chat, page-88

1. 5,027 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3045
    Thankyou very much for this explanation Dr T

I knew also that it was complicated - I recall impression that they were in effect placing the Doxyrubicin in a sort of ‘shroud ‘ - complicated drug delivery system .
    For the aim of getting the Doxyrubicin directly more to the cancer cells more , or to seek to bypass the highly deleterious cardiac and other malignant effects .
    * To ‘Only ‘ have the Doxyrubicin attack and kill the cancer cells, more - rather than be damaging to human good tissue cells .
    But it sounded whacky and fraught to me .

I had not regarded it too much then , as it seemed so extraordinary , & complex design .
    And is experimental , and more points to how motivated they are to try to keep doxyrubicin in existence as major drug , rather than have it completely lose favour.
    **All to justify Doxyrubicin ongoing , when heart damage cannot and neither should it be ! , anymore ignored .

It is unacceptable already , and oncologists reluctantly have been turning away from Doxyrubicin even though in their hands it has been very good at knocking down a bulk of the cancer in treatment.

Mainly - doxyrubicin has hugely helped to save the patients life .
    At least initially... “But .
    ‘ Longterm heart failure is a pretty big ‘But ‘

Children cannot tolerate it - kills them .
    Their heats not strong enough to begin with.

It is sad also - to see a rising incidence of cancers in children . Increasing rates of children’s cancers - reported today in major news .

Not good to hear of bad side effects of this new development drug though - but they have introduced another layer of complexity to try to mitigate effects of a nasty drug with doxyrubicin here .

The chemotherapy drug is only one part in saving the patients lives !
    No 1 should be - seek to not harm the patient .

“Above all - Do No Harm “. It’s the no 1 principle in medicine and health. Or should be !

If there is better other alternative- which could be simple to substitute in many cancers - or can be found that exists , then this changes the equation .
    Bisantrene is safer in terms of cardiac muscle non- toxicity , and has an advanced pre- history .
    Over 40 clinical trials already . Huge amount of data for Bisantrene .
    The liposomal Doxyrubicin trials are not as advanced at all as Bisantrene has been .

Your explanations and education as ever , are very much appreciated.

Last edited by Aqua65: 17/02/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RAC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.31
Change
0.020(1.55%)
Mkt cap ! $217.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.31 $1.31 $1.26 $71.25K 55.65K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 200 $1.27

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.31 5950 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.31
  Change
0.020 ( 2.18 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.30 $1.31 $1.26 10789
Last updated 15.59pm 26/04/2024 ?
RAC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.