RAC 2.00% $1.79 race oncology ltd

General Comments / Chat, page-4666

1. 11,249 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 29635
    Some potential factors causing variation:
    • Variation in after-tax profit. Some of the buyouts perhaps by Pharma with higher after tax profit than the average.
    • Hard negotiations by the seller ( seller’s market for certain opportunities )
    • The effect of competition from other potential buyers. i.e. Multiple competing offers for partnership or buyout ( e.g. partnership offer received from party A and party B makes compelling buyout offer )
    • Peak sales estimates in articles ( which I used for determining buyout multiples ) are often analyst estimates and these may be different to internal revenue estimates by either seller or buyer
    • An agreed transaction may be valuing additional / supplementary indications
    • Shape of the revenue ramp up curve and revenue ramp down ( generics will take time to be adopted, sales won’t just suddenly drop to zero )
    • Size of the upfront R&D cost relative to future revenue.
    • Potential tax deductibility of the R&D being considered in the rNPV model ( in first years of revenue the tax deductibility of trials costs would improve the NPAT and have a knockdown effect to IRR of the results )
    Synthorx transaction is a good example of a bidding war:

https://www.fiercepharma.com/pharma...itors-its-pricey-2-5b-buyout-biotech-synthorx

Pleased that you’re having a crack at doing your own DCF models!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RAC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.79
Change
0.035(2.00%)
Mkt cap ! $302.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.79 $1.79 $1.70 $916.8K 527.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 3000 $1.70

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.79 9427 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 07/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.75
  Change
0.035 ( 0.75 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.76 $1.77 $1.70 30396
Last updated 15.57pm 07/06/2024 ?
RAC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.