VEC 0.00% 1.2¢ vector resources limited

I'm referring only to political influences being out of VECs...

1. 2,335 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 536
    I'm referring only to political influences being out of VECs hands, and I am not naive to think there are no political influences on deals like this. I also have no expectation that VEC is in the government pulling strings, so yes I can accept that there are uncontrollable factors external to the company, as there is with all companies, and this does not 'worry' me, it's merely noted as a risk - unless you have any educated political views that you could share which would explain where an individual risk may lie so that is can be assessed? Broad brush stroke country profiling as a risk doesn't really mean much for me.

Corrupt government, warlords and war chiefs, presidents not resigning - whatever, those are all very nice words to throw around, but what do they mean? Are they actually bad for VEC or could they be to our favour? I have not yet seen any other tenement or acquisition get overthrown by a 'warlord' or otherwise in DRC in recent times. Whatever DRCs history, it's a much more stable and safer environment I think as evidence by the flow of money and foreign investment into the country, getting laser focused on how it was is about as useful as a 1,000 day EMA if you as me

Anyway... There's two different discussions here, DRC political landscape and political influences on a company in a general sense. I am merely an making an observation that the latter might be influencing us here. I make no observation as to whether or not Warlord X is or isn't friends with chief Y, and what their political stance is on President Z, and whether their backing, or lack thereof, poses risk to an AK acquisition. I will concede my due diligence has it's limits lol, that's what we have Jason and co. for... But I will comment that DRC from a macro perspective has seemingly come a long way, and from my research and observation has seen a much more positive sentiment towards it in recent years, and with foreign investment and development in country, it's very hard to see that cash flow being rejected IMO. The world is not what it was a decade ago.

All IMO, DYOR, I am no brains trust on the subject, the fact I even raised it as a discussion point is probably testament to how bored I am (Jason, announcement any day to save me from myself would be appreciated ).

P.S. On my way to make a tea I asked my google home "which area the government struggles most". Is was evidently something not easily identifiable.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VEC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.