NOR 2.08% 4.7¢ norwood systems limited

I think, Doz, you are referring to "Annabel". As far as I know...

1. 3,387 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 406
    I think, Doz, you are referring to "Annabel". As far as I know there is no person by this name in the Norwood top 20. Any story relating to "Annabel" was a creative work to bring a little joy into the lives of readers. This was abundantly clear.

It's in the same category as your story about a poster's neurological condition. In this case, though, we were genuinely concerned. Thank heavens he is now resting quietly in his dacha.

There have been great works of fiction over the years, including those of Dickens, Vonnegut, de Bernieres and Hemingway.

Your posts promote the idea of fiction, and that is a good thing. Your works have a limited plot so far, but I'm sure that you can interweave narratives to make them more readable and enjoyable for your fans. Discovery4 could be handy as your literary editor. I'd strongly advise using Steve Tot as your agent and promoter: always go for someone with runs on the board.

Every cent you have lost on Norwood could be recouped in weeks, simply by telling their story.

Bear with me, because you could make a fortune telling the Norwood tale.

The thinly-disguised novel could begin with the early days of a South African family called Mosterlaard. They have heard tales of gullible Australians, and after crossing the Indian Ocean in the Corona yacht their charm soon captivates the locals. They raise around $30 million from the public, mainly by convincing people that they want sophisticated investors, and that these sophisticated investors will become rich beyond their wildest dreams. Mobile phones are big at the time, and people are keen to be part of the action. The company, christened Nogood, rent a room in Perth and make up a few names: World Voicemail and Corona spring to mind. On the Corona yacht they take investors to Rottnest. Unfortunately one is fed to a shark, while the remainder over time are fed to human sharks. Nogood pays no tax, but governments give them R&D grants and Jobkeeper. This enables them to research and purchase the optimal coffee machine for the office. They lash out on several packets of Tim-Tams for telcos flocking to them from all corners of the globe *.This enables them to create an accounting column called Assets. Now, Doz, as this is a work of fiction, you would need to bring the characters to life. Perhaps a few extra-marital affairs, an involvement with bikie gangs and the elimination of disgruntled punters could spice it up a bit. Not to mention a few twists in the plot at unexpected junctures.

* It does emerge later that there is only one person representing the telco, but he is a master of disguise. One day he's a Sheik from Dubai, the next he's Xi Jinping, the next he's a turbanned Sikh and one day he's Warren Buffett. Having one actor play all parts is a cost-saver, and here's where Shane Murphy shines.

I'm sure that this would be a raging success in the Christmas book-giving market. Then, of course, you produce a movie with Sam Neill as Mosterlaard, Cate Blanchett as shareholder Annabel, Shane Jacobsen as Teve Stot the yachtsman, yourself as Mosterlaard's driver and bodyguard and all shareholders as extras in the scene where the CEO gives the riveting speech with raised eyebrows and a knowing smile.

Audiences in general like a happy ending, and of course in this case it would destroy the integrity of the book and the movie, but it is always a good sign when cinema-goers leave the theatre in tears.

Doz, get on to it. Look at Crocodile Dundee. Critics panned it, but it was huge box office.

And you, Doz, as novelist, screenplay writer, director, cimematographer and producer would become a very wealthy man, compensating for your losses in the stock which inspires the story.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NOR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.7¢
Change
-0.001(2.08%)
Mkt cap ! $22.32M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.4¢ 4.7¢ 4.2¢ $19.38K 424.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 231096 4.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.7¢ 142144 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NOR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.