NOR 2.04% 4.8¢ norwood systems limited

Cotchy is his enabler. Problem being they both help each other...

1. 7,234 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2253
    Cotchy is his enabler. Problem being they both help each other fall flat on their faces.

That said... the wheels must be spinning at NOR HQ. The announcements by OpenAI and Google could not have come at a worse time because:
    1. NOR have yet to close a deal with CogVoice (assuming their is even a product)
    2. NOR's cash balance as per the previous Q burn rate suggests they will be out of cash within a couple of weeks (ceteris paribus)

I will expect them to pull the trigger on a raise ASAP whilst the SP still have a 5-handle on it. The volume is well down since the OpenAI announcement; suggesting buyers have stopped stepping up. Is it a coincidence?

Imagine NOR's pitch to a broker to manage a CR now:
    NOR: we need $500k-$1m to tide as over until we close our deal on CogVoice
    Broker: what is CogVoice?
    NOR: it is our Voice Activated Virtual Assistant?
    Broker: you mean like OpenAI's Voice Assistant?
    NOR: Yes!!!
    Broker: Good luck

Further complicating matters is Apsec. Do you think even these wunderkind tech stock researchers came across the OpenAI/Google news? It was mentioned in the AFR. So what are the chances at least one person within Apsec came across the news?

Apsec have supported recent CR's; more so when there is a discounted attached oppie. It's helped them average down to a more acceptable losing position aka compounding losses. Apsec mark their portfolio to market. A 5-handle on NOR for a top 5 portfolio position inflates the performance of the portfolio.

But what happens if other NOR holders are spooked by the recent announcements or act rationally to take profits/minimise losses on the understanding CogVoice is dead in the water? Hint: in a stock with low liquidity... look out below.

Apsec have built up such a large position, they cannot hope to offload stock to minimise losses. So do they step up to the CR plate again to help keep the lights on?

If I held a profitable position in NOR and owned oppies, I'd sell heads to have a free call option. Minimised risk; exposure to the upside assuming NOR can jag a deal.

All imo...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NOR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.8¢
Change
-0.001(2.04%)
Mkt cap ! $22.72M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.9¢ 4.9¢ 4.8¢ $1.946K 40.51K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 170085 4.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.8¢ 4457 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.30am 04/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
4.8¢
  Change
-0.001 ( 2.04 %)
Open High Low Volume
4.8¢ 4.8¢ 4.8¢ 5973
Last updated 10.30am 04/06/2024 ?
NOR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.