SRL 1.18% 42.0¢ sunrise energy metals limited

i think unfortunately one of the larger shareholders / funds has...

1. 732 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 598
    i think unfortunately one of the larger shareholders / funds has been trying to exit a portion of holdings.

My guess is one of the US based funds is using tax loss selling versus profits on other trades and that makes fundamentals irrelevant, will be confirmed through January if this is the case when/if the heavy selling pressure dissipates.

That being said, i think we'll see some Nickel, Cobalt junior mining finance deals in 2024, specifically with processing in Northern America, and SRL seems to be shaping that way. Some analysis ive been seeing is that despite the low prices, deals will be done with the assistance of the US governments to diversify supply from Russia, China, Indo and the DRC. At that point, IRR & Capex may be a secondary consideration versus national interest. "In many conversations, especially in the US, the importance of cobalt for national defense purposes is gaining traction," Sturmes added. "Investment in mining is usually cyclical. In this instance, I believe that, due to considerations beyond profitability, investment will increase despite the currently weak price."

Given the ability of the Sunrise deposit to provide Nickel, Cobalt, PGE and Scandium, all things the US is looking for onshore refining for, im hopeful a deal can get done with the assistance of the US govt, alongside potentially an automaker. Scandium as a standalone refinery for US$25mio should be a great return on investment as well.

Have been buying small amounts of stock where possible to average down, hoping 2024 brings SRL back to a more rational market cap, and a deal is done to get this project on its way. Best of luck to all.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SRL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
42.0¢
Change
-0.005(1.18%)
Mkt cap ! $37.89M
Open High Low Value Volume
42.5¢ 42.5¢ 42.0¢ $3.029K 7.137K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1162 42.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
47.0¢ 2300 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SRL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.