SRL 2.44% 60.0¢ sunrise energy metals limited

The Sunrise project has always been a high risk project, but...

1. 2,457 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 280
    The Sunrise project has always been a high risk project, but this has nothing to do with the share price. Buying at these prices is much lower risk than buying at 2017/2018 prices.

Mergers and acquisitions are quite possible in the current market. Juniors like us are being starved and might easily take an offer. But, I disagree with your assessment that the share price has been forced down. What is happening to us is happening with the whole Ni/Co sector. The simple fact is that Nickel and Cobalt commodity prices have crashed. This destroys the economics of any project. Indonesian Nickel laterites (which includes a reasonable amount of cobalt) have ramped up too quickly and got ahead of the demand curve. Demand is still rising (as we can see in that Adamas analysis) but supply is rising more rapidly. This situation could change very quickly.

On the plus side, the cure for low prices is low prices. Low prices will kill a lot of projects. We are already seeing it happen with Sumitomo exiting a major Indo project. In my opinion, a lot of these pre DFS junior Ni/Co projects will die. With fewer projects starting, a gap will begin to develop between future supply and future demand. Eventually, we will see the demand curve get ahead of supply and commodity prices will skyrocket again. My guess is 2026 / 2027. When that happens, IMO, Sunrise will be at the front of the pack, which is why I'm holding my shares.

The OEMs have been stringing us along. The drop in commodity prices has given them some peace of mind. But it won't last. They still haven't got their supply stitched up for 2030 and beyond.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SRL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
60.0¢
Change
-0.015(2.44%)
Mkt cap ! $52.78M
Open High Low Value Volume
59.0¢ 60.5¢ 57.0¢ $9.336K 15.73K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 53 60.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
62.0¢ 1200 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.30pm 06/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
59.5¢
  Change
-0.015 ( 2.15 %)
Open High Low Volume
56.8¢ 60.0¢ 56.8¢ 6026
Last updated 14.30pm 06/05/2024 ?
SRL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.