AGY 5.00% 8.4¢ argosy minerals limited

General Discussion AGY, page-12995

1. 5,494 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2179
    The vast majority of those 'sellers' are just dishonest bids designed to make people like you think there are more sellers than buyers.

Almost everyone genuinely wanting to sell (or buy) is within a few pips of the action, certainly not 20-30% away from it with massive orders. Often we even see deceptive orders within a few pips of the action which get pulled just before they are filled.

When you see massive sell orders nowhere near the action, you know the holder actually wants to buy. They already hold a lot (or they couldn't put in a large sell order) and they are trying to scare the market by making the depth look bad to encourage other holders to actually sell, so they can buy up and increase their holdings.

To judge the genuine market depth just look at the orders a few pips either side of the current trading price.

Ask yourself when a large holder/buyer wants to buy up big. Is it when the price is strongly rallying and pushing new highs like 80c just recently, or when everyone is panicking and we're about 25% lower like now? Do they just want to pay the market price or would they prefer to use their ability to influence the market to get an even better price for themselves?

This is not a lovey dovey world where everyone wants to care and share and unconditionally help their fellow man. Someone like me might not bother with such tactics (largely because people my size are far too small to have any impact even if they desperately want to) and they may have a genuine, honest conversation because... why not? But the big buys didn't get big by being altruistic, helping everyone and sharing, they are ruthless and self-serving and have no incentive to be honest.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.4¢
Change
0.004(5.00%)
Mkt cap ! $122.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.2¢ 9.0¢ 8.2¢ $272.9K 3.164M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 146998 8.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.4¢ 79520 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AGY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.