AGY 2.63% 3.9¢ argosy minerals limited

Share price will always be share price As a community on HC we...

1. 792 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1827
    Share price will always be share price

As a community on HC we have a duty to keep each other informed.

As someone already posted, the company situation is fine, permits for 10,000 are supposed to come any day.

The spot price from china decreasing at the rate it has been isn't a nice sign to see. Apparently a Chinese subsidy ended in January 2023, so in anticipation of that the Chineeee stockpiled and bought a whole load of lithium and made a surplus of batteries. Now there'a been a bit of a short term surplus overall as the stockpile works through.

I also hope that the end of subsidy doesn't hurt Chinese EV demand too much. Monthly sales charts I saw of Jan, Feb 2023 Chinese sales looked good though yoy

Fingers crossed wider market remains ok and EV demand keeps doing its thing. A bit of reassurance of long term carbonate pricing at least around 30-40k USD from benchmark minerals intelligence would be nice right now. Further fall downs would really affect the profit margins and therefore share price of AGY. There are a lot of banks with forecast of 12k USD pricing for 2024. Only one I trust is Benchmark minerals intelligence though. Keen to see something from them. For memory I think they forecasted it stabilising at the 30k USD mark? But that wasn't due until 2024/2025 I thought. 50k USD was supposed to be this year?

Last point that shits me a little, is as the big players have their fun running the price down whoever funds the 10,000 plant is going to get a lot more shares out of us with the current price vs what it was before. Hopefully Jerko sorts out a good deal for us. Falling spot prices aren't helping his bargaining power.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGY (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.