AGY 0.00% 8.8¢ argosy minerals limited

I emailed Jerko a few weeks ago and had the same answer. It...

1. 5,450 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2151
    I emailed Jerko a few weeks ago and had the same answer. It seems rather than drip feeding the market with information even if there's little to say, he's planning to surprise the market with a sudden bombshell when it's ready to be dropped.

I personally would prefer a constant stream of information so I know what's happening rather than sitting in the dark and I know I'm not alone, and yes, I bluntly said it was poor form to suddenly stop the monthly reports without making it abundantly clear in advance that was the plan, but the impact on the overall market of updates which say very little is arguably worse than waiting until there's big news to deliver; monthly reports of 'things are still looking good but there's no specific milestone or big jump in production to report' might actually be good, but they are prone to disappointing the market.

Honestly I don't think Jerko has any grasp on how to manage market sentiment, I think he has done a great job of getting the company to where it is, and he often gets praise for promptly responding to shareholders, but in terms of the timing and content of what he tells the market, and the guidance he gives, he is completely devoid of any tact. You just have to accept that reality as an AGY shareholder. You can one of his groupie sycophants (there's a glowing example in these threads) or someone who is constantly frustrated by it (perhaps you are like that) or you can say there is good and bad in most things including all ASX-listed companies and JZ being terrible with PR (despite putting in considerable effort, I'll give him that) is just one of those bad things.

I tell you one thing, I would prefer to have a company with successful operations and bad PR than the other way around, and there are plenty of those examples.

You know those people who will tell you every time they're going to be five minutes late but it's actually more like an hour? Or they say it'll be on your desk first thing tomorrow but that means it'll be about a week? They just aren't capable of giving the correct timeframe and always state something overly optimistic. We all know many people like this, it's very common, and Jerko is just one of those people who just can't do that properly. The psychology behind it is that they are hardwired to use this strategy because in the short term it makes the other person more happy and comfortable, and in most cases either people do forgive the lateness or the person doesn't learn to weigh up the resentment against the initial placation. That being the case, a reporting style more along the lines of 'we have the permit' or 'we're in full continuous production' might be better than huge strings of 'we'll have the permit this month' and 'commissioning will be finished before lunch'.

Just like when that person says they'll be ready to leave in five minutes and you know it'll be nearly an hour (but you also know they will actually get ready), you just have to be patient and use your own judgement about determining when things will happen, and be patient in the mean time. It's painful, but it is what it is.

One other thing, when the person spends an hour saying 'five more minutes' every few minutes, they often stop saying five more minutes in the last 5-10 minutes and either say something else (like 'stop stressing' etc) or go quiet. I wouldn't suggest reading the tea leaves too hard but Jerko has stopped saying 'imminent' and putting out monthly reports, and using our own judgement, we have the successful completion of 24 hour continuous production trials to go on, plus permits either pending on production commencing (as I believe) or the ostensible hydrogeology story/excuse (which if true means we're going to get it right when we start production just like I was saying early last year, crazy coincidence, huh?). On the resource upgrade I have no idea, and on the offtake deal I personally don't much care but know the market does and expect we'll have it signed soon after permits and production.

All signs point to all of this being done well within six months. Don't spend that time banging your head against the wall.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.8¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $128.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.8¢ 8.9¢ 8.6¢ $36.10K 414.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 37936 8.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.8¢ 15624 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AGY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.