AGY 8.14% 9.3¢ argosy minerals limited

General Discussion AGY, page-17206

1. 2,149 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5792
    I need to credit BelgianBert who posted this in another thread where it didn't get enough attention, but I recommend people watch this in-depth dive into the lithium supply/demand.   It's very good and well sourced.  The key takeaway for me is that there will be a longer-term structural deficit in lithium purely because mines take way too long to get up and running to dynamically tackled supply shortages and too little investment is going into the sector now.  This is contrasted against converters which should be able to handle demand (they can be built in 2-3 years as demand evolves) but these will lack raw materials since mines take on the upper end of 5-10 years from greenfield to output.  There are just too few large, brand-new mines advanced enough to cover the future, especially in the global lithium capital of Australia.  
    I'm suspecting a tight market into 2024 without crazy prices is possible, which might scare of further investment into mines, before the big deficit kicks in.  Of course, this assumes demand growth (mainly EV but also in ESS these days) remains at historical levels baring some cataclysm.   

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.3¢
Change
0.007(8.14%)
Mkt cap ! $135.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.9¢ 9.4¢ 8.7¢ $168.6K 1.860M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 100000 9.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.3¢ 299999 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AGY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.