AGY 3.53% 8.2¢ argosy minerals limited

General Discussion AGY, page-18118

1. 473 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 405
    You made your point quite clear and I'm not missing it at all.

'While I largely agree with you (I would add AZS to your list), AGY started falling well before many in the same sector did. Sure, many lithium stocks are down 20-50% since July, but AGY had already fallen 50% in the preceding 4-5 months (80c to 40c). It's since fallen 55% again (from 40 cents to 18 cents). Some are now attempting to paint AGY's issues as macro/sector wide, but the reality is that AGY's SP was falling heavily well before the majority of the sector started to turn. Sector issues and lithium sentiment have certainly had their effect, but much of this is self-inflicted through lack of milestone progress.'

Your point is that AGY has been hit harder and earlier than most in the sector and that the mythical carrot is the reason.

The issue is that is completely false as represented by my data. Something you have ignored completely. AGY did not start to fall later than most, you're still yet to show me a single near peer stock that started to correct after AGY (FEB 2023). All your post above shows is AGY has fallen over a shorter time frame than the others, but in percentage terms from the peak to the current low, the 'correction', it is actually very much in line with most of the sector. The companies worth billions and turning profits have been slightly insulated with PLS and AKE the best performers I've shown and the US majors next (but still correcting and over a much longer period of time).

You now branch off only to AKE, which was perfectly set up TA wise in early may for the merger announcement. A nice trade that one, right to the target.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5629/5629986-65c83e12e423436ab581acfba0e79e75.jpg

'How do you explain the massive divergence between those two in July if it’s all down to lithium sentiment? Even since that point, AGY has dropped 55% versus 37% for AKE. And remember, that’s after AGY’s SP had already sliced in half.'

The merger announcement valuing the company at just over $16 at the time followed by a recover in the Chinese spot price at the end of May. If AKE didn't announce that merger, this would have likely failed. Since it has corrected again and may go lower than $9.80. AGY's B wave was at this time, and if AGY got the permits or plant working at full capacity here it would have likely gone up considerably more and possibly to an ATH too. The set up was perfect for it.

The simple fact is that with or without JZ's extremely optimistic and missed timelines, the company progress would still be exactly where it is today, and nobody knows where the share price would be (but if you look at the others in the sector you can have a guess, mine would be somewhere between 70-80% down). There are so many variables here that it's really not worth discussing at all though.

Considering the song and dance made about other posters and their ramping posts. This seems similar, although on the opposite end of the spectrum. You claim to be buying shares, but this makes absolutely no sense whatsoever if you read your posts. You really should be investing in a different company if you actually believe the things you're writing.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.2¢
Change
-0.003(3.53%)
Mkt cap ! $119.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.5¢ 8.5¢ 8.1¢ $136.7K 1.650M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 56113 8.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.3¢ 1200 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AGY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.