AGY 4.00% 12.0¢ argosy minerals limited

Disclaimer about financial advice and showing some hopium on...

1. 2,130 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5745
    Disclaimer about financial advice and showing some hopium on these forums.

Remember you will be selling out at the bottom of the lithium cycle when lithium prices are their near bottom and with an expectation for the sector to improve. Ignoring AGY company progresses, the average lithium company (averaged over a list from giants like PLS, SQM, ALB down to LKE, VUL etc), are down 75% from their highs. With that in mind, AGY which hit a high of 80.5c, would likely be somewhere near 20c today. Maybe 30c or so if it was performing as solid as PLS (the most robust of the lithium stocks). Clearly the delays have pulled down the peer relative valuation from 20-30c down to current levels.

Will AGY meet the deadlines by the end of the quarter? Who knows, hence the share price. Going from past deadlines, I'd be happy with some solid progress especially on the plant. I'm not worried about the permits/offtake/funding, that will come. Offtake/funding must depend on the plant running smoothly as no one will put up capital until they prove the process at commercial scale. Having said that, I really can't see AGY ultimately failing on the plant especially if you understand the long path the company has travel just to get to here. I doubt Jerko and Pablo want to piss away all their efforts (and potential wealth) at this late stage. If you believe the announcement, it does look like progress is being made,

'positive results being achieved to improve operational performance and increase production operations'

'with filtration rates and product throughput improving consistently'

'test-work results are progressively advancing toward near-optimal operational parameters and achieving consistent results, providing encouragement for the progress toward ramping up production operations in the near term'

Anyhow, we have the resource expansion, that's 1 of 3 goals done and I believe the other two (plant ramp up and permits) will come.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
12.0¢
Change
-0.005(4.00%)
Mkt cap ! $168.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
12.5¢ 13.0¢ 12.0¢ $235.2K 1.876M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
29 956840 12.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
12.5¢ 19944 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
12.5¢
  Change
-0.005 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
12.8¢ 12.8¢ 12.3¢ 1090017
Last updated 16.00pm 03/05/2024 ?
AGY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.