AGY 3.85% 12.5¢ argosy minerals limited

No problem re: the tone of the conversation. I'm an academic, so...

1. 784 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 144
    No problem re: the tone of the conversation. I'm an academic, so I'm used to having debates with others. It's part of the game. At the end of the day, I might not agree with their argument/position, but I respect them as people.

In addition, I'm not interested in the pi$$ing contests that most of the keyboard warriors here seem to engage in. I'm here to learn and understand. I'm not here to speculate who's right and wrong. That's a waste of time. We're not in competition. I deal with facts, and that's about it.

In reality, only the board and Puna know exactly what's going on at the moment.

I guess what I'm interested in understanding is, why are you so certain about what you say?

For example, how do you know what the cash burn rate is? I'm aware of what we spent last year in total, but how do you know it will continue to be that amount? I'm aware we sent a sizeable chunk to Puna. But what for? It's not stated in the most recent quarterly. Has that continued this quarter? I guess we'll soon find out. The most recent appendix 5B (from Dec '23) states that we have 31 quarters of funding available. So why need a CR to keep the lights on? Or is the company providing misleading information to shareholders?

You might say that's a naive attitude for me to have, and you might be correct. But all I can go on is what I'm told by the company. If I'm wrong, you can come back and say 'I told you so!'. Frankly, I won't care. I'll consider it a lesson learned and move on with my life.

The rest of your post is supposition ('likely to be', 'I don't think, 'I think'), or statements ungrounded in fact ('it will definitely be a CR and it will definitely be painful'). Re-read your post about the partner. Unless you work for AGY/Puna, you have no idea what the deal will be. Nor do I, nor anyone else who reads this for that matter.

Again, I'm not saying you're wrong. I can understand your position given our current position and recent history (i.e. 'imminent' announcements, longer than forecast ramp-up to nameplate). I'm not that naive. All I'm saying is, you can't be certain of the statements you make. Particularly when there is evidence to suggest otherwise.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
12.5¢
Change
-0.005(3.85%)
Mkt cap ! $175.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
13.0¢ 13.0¢ 12.5¢ $168.7K 1.324M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
15 1071367 12.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
13.0¢ 481044 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
12.5¢
  Change
-0.005 ( 1.57 %)
Open High Low Volume
12.8¢ 12.8¢ 12.5¢ 807462
Last updated 15.59pm 16/05/2024 ?
AGY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.