AGY 3.85% 12.5¢ argosy minerals limited

I trust what JZ and the rest of the board stated at the most...

1. 784 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 144
    I trust what JZ and the rest of the board stated at the most recent AGM because I was there, I asked the questions myself, and therefore I could not only listen to their answers but also read their body language. Regarding the funding package, it was stated (and I paraphrase here), 'We did have a funding package lined up that was dilutive. More recently, another party has come along and offered a fully funded, non-dilutive package. JZ has done a really great job at negotiating a fantastic deal for shareholders.' (I'm pretty sure it was Mal who stated this). I believe that course of events because we did hear rumours early last year that a cap raising was coming to fund the expansion project, then those rumours went quiet. So, the two pieces of evidence align.

Could have things changed since then? Absolutely. A lot has changed in the world since the AGM. On the flip side, could things still be as stated at the AGM? Absolutely. At the end of the day, none of us know. We'll find out when the funding package is announced.

RE: the permit, it was stated at the AGM that they thought the permit was approved in Dec 22. PA confirmed that. They were clearly just as frustrated as shareholders that it hadn't been finalised at the time of the AGM. I have assumed that the Salta government kept changing the requirements for approval of the EIA. I came to that conclusion from reading in between the lines of multiple company ann's. But, that's pure speculation on my part. Hopefully we will hear of the final approval of the EIA soon(tm).

RE: their demonstrated ability to produce Li2CO3 from the brine, they have built the 2ktpa plant and proven that the chemical process can produce battery quality product that has been fully validated (presumably by the PSP). That's big in my opinion! Now they need to produce it at nameplate. The most recent update (Feb '24) on the primary solids filtration circuit states 'The test-work results are progressively advancing toward near-optimal operational parameters and achieving consistent results...'. That to me is encouraging. It suggests to me that they are close. At the end of the day, I know that it can take time to scale up any method, and that it doesn't always go as expected (i.e. the ramp-up isn't always linear), so I'm happy to sit back and be patient while the company does what they need to do. I don't think you can call the plant a failure until they throw in the towel and say there's no chance that they'll ever hit nameplate, but each to their own I guess *shrug*.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
12.5¢
Change
-0.005(3.85%)
Mkt cap ! $175.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
13.0¢ 13.0¢ 12.5¢ $168.7K 1.324M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
15 1071367 12.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
13.0¢ 481044 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
12.5¢
  Change
-0.005 ( 1.57 %)
Open High Low Volume
12.8¢ 12.8¢ 12.5¢ 807462
Last updated 15.59pm 16/05/2024 ?
AGY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.