AGY 3.53% 8.2¢ argosy minerals limited

General Discussion AGY, page-23267

1. 5,481 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2171
    At this point it's close enough to certain that they can not economically produce lithium carbonate before funds run out. That's not to say they can't ever do it, but funds will run out before they can make it happen and they'll need external funds to keep the attempts happening, keep the lights on in the office, keep the oven fired up for those pastries, and keep JZ and co in their luxurious lifestyle on the investors' dime.

It's weird that people love gcar so much. Well, in a sense not weird, it makes sense, but all he does is come up with the most extreme blue sky scenario possible to ramp as hard as possible, talk himself up as possible, cry 'tall poppy syndrome' when people call out his blatant lies and propose $1M bets involving money upfront and agreement to a contract drawn up by his own lawyer (HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!) etc.

Some people will adore the person who tells the most extreme lies in the direction of the reality they wish was true.

I'm not sure how many people here, if any, are particularly hoping for a schadenfreude scenario. It's probable that none of them set out with that goal and any schadenfreude feelings will come as a result of the nasty abusive responses to posts they initially shared in good faith. The attacks almost exclusively come from the bulls against the bears after the bears initially post politely. It's not weird if people aren't upset to see a person suffer if that person had already launched an unprovoked attack.

I haven't seen anyone at all here say AGY will never produce lithium in an economically advantageous way, so it wouldn't prove anyone wrong unless it happened in the next 3 months or so (which still wouldn't be soon enough to avoid external fund requirement - they don't absolutely need the funds that soon, but production ramp up and sales won't happen instantly). Personally, I'd be very happy for the company, shareholders and myself if AGY did miraculously get production happening this week. I'm not sure if anyone would be particularly sad to see production ramp up imminently, it just doesn't seem like a realistic expectation, and some want to attack anyone who points out the obvious after they have committed to believing the opposite, and for some reason seem incapable of changing their view, and see anyone who does change their view as 'fickle' or 'wrong'.

Imagine if you were saying 'Trump is probably going to lose the next election' then after a failed assassination attempt you stubbornly still say he is probably going to lose, even though a freak near miss/minor hit has obviously radically improved his chances. Or, imagine your friend who very rarely catches fish going out fishing, and you say 'We're probably not going to eat fish for dinner', then after he does catch a nice big fish, you still say 'we're probably not going to eat fish for dinner'. It's just stupid.

If you can't change your expectations based on developments which occur after your initial assessment, you're closed-minded and stubborn to your own detriment. You weren't necessarily initially 'wrong', but you're wrong if you don't update your outlook based on events in a dynamic situation.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.2¢
Change
-0.003(3.53%)
Mkt cap ! $117.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.5¢ 8.5¢ 8.1¢ $133.2K 1.606M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 7892 8.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.3¢ 1462 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.49pm 16/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AGY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.