AGY 3.61% 8.0¢ argosy minerals limited

I am amazed that ASXD made that comment. Hacked?! I thought he...

1. 13,742 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8341
    I am amazed that ASXD made that comment.
    Hacked?!
    I thought he had been around in this game long enough to understand that if your yardstick for timing etc is simply “what the company says”, then you are doomed for disappointment.
    Even the big projects run by the BIG dogs are often way over time and budget.
    There is always inherent uncertainty that individual investors must consider and incorporate, imo, that won’t be spoon fed to you in a company’s project timeline.

I am sure he knows this, and guess the frustration is taking over.

AFAICT a “no-risk” investment (or as close as one can get that that) “should” return circa 10% p.a.
    Maybe 8 or 9 perhaps.
    “Expecting” a junior miner to “get there when they said they would” is effectively nonsensically ignoring risk….
    Is anyone here invested for the longer term expecting 8/9/10% pa over the longer term?
    A doubling of share price in 7/8/9 years..???
    I highly doubt it; therefore most (all?) are inherently expecting and accepting there to be various risks, including, quite obviously imo, things to take longer than “they said they would”. …and they (we) - quite rightly - expect a higher return for accepting those risks.
    imo therefore expecting a significantly higher return than 8/9/10% pa (which I presume most/all here are) and ALSO expecting on-time on-budget…. Are not really/usually compatible expectations.

That’s why I posed the question, some time ago, about peoples’ expectations of when we’ll likely see say 40c again, and noting that even IF that takes several more YEARS, it would still be ++50% CAGR from the 10c level. Perspective. Emotion seems to push it out the window.

Just imo and food for thought.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.0¢
Change
-0.003(3.61%)
Mkt cap ! $116.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.3¢ 8.3¢ 7.9¢ $73.74K 919.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 45635 8.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.3¢ 92695 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AGY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.