AGY 2.13% 4.6¢ argosy minerals limited

These perspectives on plant/production design, and lessons...

1. 17 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9
    These perspectives on plant/production design, and lessons learned, are salient. If something like this happened in a project we were running, we'd consider this extremely valuable experience for us. Even if it meant throwing out a fundamental aspect of this design, we still know it can be done - it's only a question of how... And most experts can solve the problem of 'how to scale' not 'can it be done?'.

My professional experience is in a wholly different industry - biotech - and we can set our own prices, since end-products are typically inventions, or novel in many ways. This effect is amplified in the US market due to insurance/lobbying. So throwing 'good money after bad' has a wholly different calculus. Even then, there have been projects we've shelved because of opportunity cost.

In this industry, you can't set the prices with anywhere nearly as much flexibility. It makes sense to preserve the capital, especially when the costs can run you into the ground. Tough call, but the right one.

Fascinating to see this decision as an investor, rather than as the person trying to get it to work.

Personally, I would have liked to see something along the lines of... "While we haven't gotten it working, we now understand what the problem is and it requires a re-design. This will be factored into the other modules, and re-do this one, once we have cash."

Absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence... one the other hand... burden of proof lies with the claimant.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.6¢
Change
-0.001(2.13%)
Mkt cap ! $66.97M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.8¢ 5.0¢ 4.6¢ $70.12K 1.486M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 402580 4.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.9¢ 61224 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AGY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.