AGY 2.56% 3.8¢ argosy minerals limited

General Discussion AGY, page-23434

1. 2,227 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 938
    From my discussions and looking at what others have posted this is were I think we may be at.

Pablo has designed and patented a process to produce battery grade Li carbonate from the Rincon salar. The process has been confirmed under batch and continuous operation. The company is happy with that and that forms the basis for going forward. The prudcut has been verified by several customers.

The 2kt pa plant is really a pilot commercial operations before a much larger commercial operations and would really only be able to operate in its own right under higher lithium carbonate prices. The nature of scale. It may have even been idled if working with no issues from scratch.

No one has designed or built a new plant in Argentina for a long time. LAC/Ganfeng project at Cauchari which has been around for 5 years has not produced battery grade yet.

So engineering experience is limited to those that have had experience in similar processes but not the same as Li carb processing.

Consequently, despite best attempts, issues have risen regarding the filtering and flow of material that requires further work. Not impossible to fix. It does cost money though.

Being prudent and having proved the main process and batch and continuous scenarios it is economically wise to move to progressing the larger operations during this low Lithium price cycle.

Seems positive in terms of progress and prudent in terms of viability management to me.

I understand short term volatility due to time frames but long should be ok.

Just need the company to get the story presented to the market.

imo
    dyor

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGY (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.