AGY 1.22% 8.3¢ argosy minerals limited

General Discussion AGY, page-6449

1. 5,488 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2176
    Yeah, I think you're right, lithium is about to peak. Currently, about 10% of all new cars are electric, and we can probably expect that figure to flatline in the next two years, never to go above 15%

New lithium operations only take about six months to get into operation so we should see supply keep up with demand.

...wow, even when I use figures that incredibly stupid it still looks like there could be a supply shortfall!

Plug well over 50% into the first paragraph for the % of all new cars which will be electric and 2-3+ years rather than six months in the second paragraph for lithium project startup time frame for the reality.

The change from ICEs to EVs is obviously pushing ahead as fast as it can and one of the tightest squeezes in the process of making that happen is lithium supply. This looks like a situation which will last several years. If global production was to magically double within a year, it would mean that the global % of new car production could be around 20% which is still far less than what the world wants. Literally, even a magical doubling of supply within the next 12 months (which in reality is utterly impossible) would still leave a supply shortfall.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.3¢
Change
0.001(1.22%)
Mkt cap ! $120.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.3¢ 8.6¢ 8.2¢ $51.68K 619.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 112262 8.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.3¢ 2703 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AGY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.