AGY 3.53% 8.2¢ argosy minerals limited

Was thinking about the fact that AGY has not gone down the path...

1. 13,722 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8326
    Was thinking about the fact that AGY has not gone down the path of the relentless BS marketing and hyping, like some other companies have, whilst looking through some articles etc. lately.
    As discussed elsewhere, some of these "articles" and "analyses" and "recommendations" are actually written by entities that are directly paid by said companies to do so. There were some examples of the "pond" coy (wink wink) and I just saw one about LPDomestic (wink wink), along with a nice-looking price target.... but when you dig into the disclaimer, it says this:
    ---
    This report has been commissioned by (company) and prepared and issued by Edison, in consideration of a fee payable by (company). Edison Investment Research standard fees are £60,000 pa for the production and broad dissemination of a detailed note (Outlook) following by regular (typically quarterly) update notes. Fees are paid upfront in cash without recourse.
    ---

Imo, no-one in their right mind could reasonably claim that there is not inherent bias in this "report", and in the associated "target price", due to the fact that they are receiving $100,000 per year (!!!) to publish them. Does anyone honestly think they would publish something ho-hum / negative etc, and have their funding pulled..? As if.

So, I'm glad we're not into this hype-train BS approach of "marketing", by paying entities that I'm sure many people have no idea wrt these payments, to publish "analysis" of the company.
    Imo that just leads to massively over-exaggerated swings and more money scalped from retail.
    Imo AGY will make it's steady way to a nice fair value that recognises our output etc, in good time, without needing this disingenuous marketing nonsense. Pip traders might disagree, but I have no sympathy for their "needs".

IMO!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.2¢
Change
-0.003(3.53%)
Mkt cap ! $119.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.5¢ 8.5¢ 8.1¢ $136.7K 1.650M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 56113 8.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.3¢ 1200 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AGY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.