AGY 3.85% 12.5¢ argosy minerals limited

General Discussion AGY, page-15493

1. 3,606 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1382
    G'day @GCar.

For a bloke who thinks that the grade discussion is pointless, that sure is a lot of words. BTW, I am not "focused" on grade at all. However, I do like to correct misinformation when I see it. There are a cohort of long-term holders here who continue to beat the 100% battery grade drum, while simultaneously scoffing at other companies that produce a portion of tech-grade. This air of superiority and the inference of "unicorn status" for AGY just isn't realistic. You and I both know that there isn't a brine operator on the planet who exclusively produce battery grade. JZ himself has acknowledged that a portion of tech grade may be produced, and is confident there is a customer for it (as am I). So if I see this misinformation here, as I have again recently, I'll correct it (just as you love to do).

For reference , I have zero concerns about the ratio of battery vs technical grade that AGY produces. With the surge of LFP demand, the price differential is less than 5%. With such a slim margin of difference, it's entirely possible that some technical grade contracts are currently receiving higher pricing than some battery grade contracts, particularly with lagging price reference points. AGY will generate solid income regardless of grade. In fact, with higher OPEX to achieve battery grade, the difference in profitability is probably marginal. It's a similar story to spodumene where 6% used to be the standard, but lower grades (5.2-5.3%) routinely fill contracts, as the juice isn't necessarily worth the squeeze to produce the higher grade. You seem to agree that some tech grade will be produced, so I have no idea why you're attacking my post, nor why the grade discussion upsets you so much.

You'll have to refresh my memory about this "lack of transparency" stuff you're going on about. I haven't mentioned it in any of my recent posts, so it seems like you're going off on another tangent. I assume it's something I said weeks ago that you've been stewing on, but you'll have to fill me in. That or just stay on track with the conversation at hand.

Have a good one mate.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
12.5¢
Change
-0.005(3.85%)
Mkt cap ! $175.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
13.0¢ 13.0¢ 12.5¢ $168.7K 1.324M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
15 1071367 12.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
13.0¢ 481044 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
12.5¢
  Change
-0.005 ( 1.57 %)
Open High Low Volume
12.8¢ 12.8¢ 12.5¢ 807462
Last updated 15.59pm 16/05/2024 ?
AGY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.