AGY 3.70% 13.0¢ argosy minerals limited

General Discussion AGY, page-19488

1. 2,086 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 836
    I'm sorry but...

The rate of production in comparison to the plant’s design capacity is largely irrelevant to most of the commissioning work, afaik.They are not ramping up production. Yet.They produced those tonnes during specific commissioning campaigns.Do you understand that the commissioning process has many objectives, besides simply producing tonnes of product?Plenty of posters with claimed relevant experience have chimed in on this specifc topic many times. Do we need to go round in circles again…? wow

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5816/5816346-0942ad3b4154a2826ab5e52f3c6bf458.jpg

You effectively dismissed the fact that the actual core process WORKS and was demonstrated by producing tonnes of product. There are currently issues being rectified to enable continuos production and ramping up of throughput/output. How hard is that to understand?! What do you think happens when the throughput constraints of filtration circuit are rectified?

It may work but again as in the pilot plant we have no idea whether they just reprocessed it to be able to get some out. It won't be as simple as spitting more out when the primary input is fixed.

Seriously?

If they had produced 1 tonne in 2 hours and then then component XYZ made of unobtainium ruptured, and it took 6 months to have another supplied, would you be saying they’ve averaged 150kg per month? Of course you would. And it would be essentially equally irrelevant.

I would be kicking someone's arse (like should be happening now for a nine month delay) because you don't design a process with parts that have huge lead times. If you have to, you carry a spare. Risk management 101.

“They need to increase this by a factor of 33 to achieve nameplate production”
    …Perhaps it’ll take them 33 more years?!
    Whatever shall we do?!!!

I wouldn't temp fate.

It's clear there has been a design failure and I've seen it before. Rather than admit it they are trying to butcher the equipment specified. They are increasing flow rates and the filter material basically trying to build a larger capacity unit. I hope someone has a larger capacity unit on order or standby in parallel.

This whole thing about remoteness etc is not an excuse they should have a risk management plan around it which should also include access to skilled labour.

We don't need to know the in's and out's but after a curtailment of 90% for nine months we do need to know if:
    1. They understand the problem
    2. They know what is required to fix it
    3. How long it will take
    4. How they are progressing

I'm not confident they are even at 2. They are just trying mods to the existing equipment.

imo
    dyor

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
13.0¢
Change
-0.005(3.70%)
Mkt cap ! $182.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
13.0¢ 13.5¢ 12.5¢ $92.56K 707.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 44795 13.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
13.5¢ 831839 18
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 22/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
13.0¢
  Change
-0.005 ( 1.74 %)
Open High Low Volume
13.0¢ 13.5¢ 13.0¢ 388719
Last updated 15.59pm 22/05/2024 ?
AGY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.