GLN 0.00% 22.5¢ galan lithium limited

I read this forum a lot, but rarely contribute so here are my 3...

1. 42 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 43
    I read this forum a lot, but rarely contribute so here are my 3 Big Thoughts about Galan at this current moment:

1. This co is at an inflection point and needs an uplift in management
    No disrespect at all to JP, he has done an amazing job, I love his strategy but he has made a number of execution missteps lately (announcing an "imminent" DFS, what was that capital raise all about) and he needs more experienced hands. His board have been substantially uplifted. Due to recent resource upgrades they now hold the largest, highest grade brine resource left in a strategically complex jurisdiction and he needs a CEO or COO who can ruthlessly focus on execution with a track record of delivery.

2. Greenbushes is a potentially damaging sideshow distracting management
    Poster's in this forum love repeating the words "greenbushes" like some magical incantation that will increase the share price. I'm sorry, I don't care how close it is to a worldclass mine - it is currently just a couple of empty drillholes on the opposite side of the planet from their proven world-class brine resource that should be the companies sole focus. If it pays off at some time in the future - great! But make no mistakes, there are zero synergies between brine exploration in argentina and hard rock exploration in WA. I want this management team laser focused and I want a retail shareholder base that understands the value of the asset, not that is praying for some magical exploration success close to home. Honestly if they made a Greenbushes announcement right now, that might be enough to make me sell.

3. How they plan to finance this DFS will be the make or break for me
    I have loved JP's strategy to date - no offtake to bog them down, lithium chloride fast route, focusing on early value - but I expect this to be rewarded with a simple, low cost, fast path to prodn that can be financed with absolutely minimal dilution (none if possible). Although he would be dicing with geo-politics he should easily be able to secure chinese financing in return for 100% offtake of stage 1 without any encumbrance on future stages if he works it. Honestly a bit of chinese execution know how would not hurt him either.

This stock has so much promise. I have held it despite their missteps. I think the resource has to be worth it, but even beautiful resources can languish without the right team and know how in place.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GLN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
22.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $105.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
23.0¢ 23.0¢ 22.3¢ $235.6K 1.045M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
24 1084391 22.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
23.0¢ 560500 14
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.10pm 28/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
22.5¢
  Change
0.000 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
22.5¢ 23.0¢ 22.0¢ 369028
Last updated 13.18pm 28/05/2024 ?
GLN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.