GLN 0.00% 17.0¢ galan lithium limited

General Discussion Banter GLN, page-12897

1. 4,913 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4976
    He’s very unequivocal there: “anything that… we avoid touching the equity markets”. Leaves very little wriggle room though.

I will be massively impressed if they get a large prepayment offtake and the stock should rally very hard (a proper re-rate) if that’s the case.

Debt is more difficult, sure it’s not dilutive but servicing it is onerous (I’ve seen plenty of juniors struggling to service debt whilst ramping up a project recently i.e. 29M, BCB, CYM, JRV, MNS) Considering resource projects in Australia and US are getting done at SOFR/LIBOR plus 5-6% (so total interest rate of >10-11%) what sort of interest rate would a project in Argentina attract? It’s not surprising to me that the likes of Core, Liontown, Sayona have chosen to go with equity rather than getting saddled with >10% interest rates on large sums. Magnis and Jervois have both been badly punished, their market caps are lower than their total debt owed. It ain’t a pretty place to be in.

So all in all, JP’s comments are interesting. I’d hope he isn’t being that bullish about prepayment without knowing there’s some very hot irons in the fire. Or is he trying to support the share price into a raise? Given their past misses on forecasts, it’s really impossible to know.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GLN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
17.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $80.57M
Open High Low Value Volume
16.5¢ 17.3¢ 16.0¢ $423.1K 2.536M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 478338 16.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
17.0¢ 71038 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GLN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.