GLN 18.2% 19.5¢ galan lithium limited

General Discussion Banter GLN, page-15422

1. 933 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 366
    I haven't heard of this guy in mining circles before. Not sure where to start disagreeing with him, there's so many assumptions.

First, its patently false that demand for EV's has 'flattened'. He's not been looking at the YoY growth let alone considering the base effect. He's just hopping on the bandwagon of everyone else's commentary. Easy to bash the commodity while its down, but he's just a sheep.

He compares lithium to iron ore, a chemical to a bulk commodity. Like comparing apples and watermelons. The MoM boys rightly point out iron ore is an infrastructure play, that's why the big players get massive economies of scale with big barriers to entry. Lithium is a chemical - it doesn't need rail lines and port access. Regadless, the iron ore price has only gone from strength to strength since 2003, so he shoots his own argument in the foot.

He's got an extremely Australian-centric lens. He cites Greenbushes and Pilgangoora as the two lowest cost producers, then writes off brines as 'unreliable'. Has he seen the LCE cost curve or considered the different routes to different markets?

Just added him to my muppet file, sorry.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GLN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
19.5¢
Change
0.030(18.2%)
Mkt cap ! $92.41M
Open High Low Value Volume
17.0¢ 20.5¢ 16.8¢ $1.164M 6.154M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 448786 19.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
19.5¢ 100000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GLN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.