GLN 0.00% 14.5¢ galan lithium limited

Yes, I am well aware of the contents of their announcements. My...

1. 13,797 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8399
    Yes, I am well aware of the contents of their announcements.

My issue was with YOUR assertions.

1/ “agy has an low quality brine, which is actually not suitable for the process of evaporation ponds.”

Are you serious?
    AGY currently has 80t of carbonate on the shelf, produced using “the process of evaporation ponds”.

2/ “through the jv with puna, they also don't publish any figures regarding sales prices or opex/t

You subsequently corrected yourself on the pricing claim. As far as opex goes, the 2ktpa plant was being commissioned and they were trying to reach steady-state continuous production. The opex during that process is not consistent, probably not readily quantifiable, and not representative of a “running” plant.
    They have presented estimated future production costs, for the “proper” expanded operation, btw, based on detailed knowledge (read: experience) of actual key inputs (reagents, energy etc) required for processing, having produced many tonnes of BG carbonate to-date from multiple plants.
    Only time will tell what exactly that opex turns out to be, although producing over 100t so far from a pilot plant and commissioning of their 2ktpa plant provides a level of confidence that most juniors simply cannot provide - based on lab tests and/or relatively small-scale pilot production.

3/ “the quality of their final product (battery / industrial quality) is also not published, which makes it quite opaque

You also subsequently corrected yourself re product quality. It has been disclosed many times wrt to various batches.
    They are focused on production of BG carbonate, and the eventual product mix (BG & TG), whatever that may end up being, will only be known when they are actually in “proper” production.
    Also, why is it apparently “technically impossible” to ultimately produce just a BG product?

don't judge me for something that isn't publicly disclosed.”

Not sure what you mean by that.

My point was simply DYOR and get the facts at least relatively straight before making assertions as per above. Simple.

btw I’ve been a holder here (GLN) since the Dempsey days, and the fact that they “need” to go down the chloride route just illustrates how bloody difficult it is to fund and develop a Li brine project, especially as a junior.
    We all know it’s a rough ride at the moment, and even the big dogs like Ganfeng etc have been smashed hard since better times.
    Imo there will be plenty of room for many newcomers to ultimately feed the transition to electrification, and I think that GLN and AGY can both be successful and contribute, although I think it is quite possible (arguably likely) that GLN gets bought out rather than somehow developing their own carbonate production plant; I think many (investors and junior Li companies) underestimate how difficult it is and how limited the expertise is globally.

Anyway, GL to us all as we ride out the sh!tstorm.

cheers

imo
    Dyor

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GLN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
14.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $70.89M
Open High Low Value Volume
14.5¢ 15.0¢ 14.0¢ $80.30K 554.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 114339 14.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
15.0¢ 271348 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GLN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.