GLN 1.79% 28.5¢ galan lithium limited

GLN is looking primed for a run. After going on a phenomenal run...

1. 1,340 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 29

GLN is looking primed for a run. After going on a phenomenal run to highs of 0.42 - it has consolidated under 30 cents over the past month. 

I expect that as the year comes to a close we will see some significant material developments that change the valuation of GLN:

I. Lithium-Brine reservoir extends indefinitely on our tenements. Geophysical surveys currently being conducted and results in the coming weeks will confirm the extent of the brine mineralisation. Positive results implying the potential for a vast resource - will require drilling to further de-risk.

II. Aggressive drilling campaign revealing the economic significance of our tenements. We are still awaiting drilling permits (could be months still), however, once these are confirmed I expect the company to move fast. Expect confirmation of the economic significance of our property within months of drilling commencement - if positive we may see a market cap >$100mln (SP >$1)

III. Further Land Acquisitions.The company will likely be exploring potential land acquisitions and it would come as no surprise if we see an announcement of additional land acquisitions in coming months. I understand this is mere speculation. 

IV. Entry of JV or Off-take Partner. Having held ASN and other companies that signed numerous MOU with off-take and potential JV partners - I would expect JP may be approached. While I want GLN to retain their 100% ownership, the financial backing of a partner may be financially prudent. This is again mere speculation and I hope that we have gone some way in defining our resource before we debate this. 

This upcoming news flow will, in my eyes, be the catalyst for a rapid surge back past 40c where it should consolidate until the story evolves further. 

Like anything in life there are ever present risks and opportunities (these are often overlooked). Attempting to understand uncertainty and its potential influence on outcomes is an essential process that allows one to maximise returns and minimise potential losses. To be clear, GLN is a highly speculative investment and should be treated as such. Invest with money you can lose!

A couple risks include:

Political and Economic UncertaintyArgentina is going through political turmoil and the economy is unpredictable.

- Argentina's political uncertainty and the potential government intervention are worrying

- Red-tape: there may be difficulties obtaining relevant regulatory approvals (incl. drilling permits) 

- While in the short-term the exchange rate fluctuations may help us, significant volatility in exchange rates is not a positive and increased economic uncertainty will make finding finance for our project difficult.

Geological Uncertainty: We don't know what is in the brine there and whether it is economically viable to process.

- Geophysical survey may find the brine reservoir may not extend much further than already defined and drilling may show we have lithium but it may not be financial prudent to mine

- There may not be sufficient water nearby or the technology may not allow us to process the brine.  

As a positive, it appears that the geologyof nearby projects supports the business case for a project on ourproperty. @billyen What are everyones thoughts,however, on the fact that GXY, Posco, SQM, had ample opportunity to snapup the GLN tenements for next to nothing (relatively) over the years but did not -do they know something we don't? 

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GLN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
28.5¢
Change
0.005(1.79%)
Mkt cap ! $117.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
28.5¢ 29.0¢ 27.0¢ $604.7K 2.147M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 118181 28.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
28.5¢ 23820 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
29.0¢
  Change
0.005 ( 2.22 %)
Open High Low Volume
28.5¢ 29.0¢ 27.5¢ 831103
Last updated 15.58pm 03/05/2024 ?
GLN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.