GLN 26.1% 14.5¢ galan lithium limited

General Discussion Banter GLN, page-2559

1. 160 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 186
    Regardless, we may not have much choice!

China is only the latest country to announce its intention to phase out the production and sale of gas and diesel vehicles altogether.

• Last year, the Dutch parliament voted through a motion to end all gas and diesel car sales by 2025 (it still has to go through the Dutch senate).
    • In June, India announced that it would end sales of gas and diesel cars by 2030.
    • In June, Norway agreed to end sales of gas and diesel cars by 2025. (Norway leads the world in EVs — almost 40 percent of its newly registered vehicles were hybrid, electric, or hydrogen in 2017.)
    • In July, France announced it would end sales of gas and diesel cars by 2040.
    • In July, Britain announced it would end sales of gas and diesel cars by 2040.
    • In August, German Chancellor Angela Merkel hinted that her country would follow suit. "I cannot name an exact year yet,” she said, “but the approach is right, because if we quickly invest in more charging infrastructure and technology for electric cars, a general changeover will be structurally possible."
    • This month, the Scottish government announced it would phase out gas and diesel cars by 2032.
    • Of course, dozens of other countries and states/provinces have their own targets for EVs. (The International Energy Agency’s Global EV Outlook has a good overview.)

Even if Tesla rises to 10 million vehicles a year at some point in the next 10+ years, that could leave 90 million vehicles per yuear that other automakers need to electrify. -“CleanTechnica”
    Tesla plan to produce 1million EVs per year by 2021

GM are going 100% EV and will have 20 models for sale in China alone by 2022

Nissan have announced they plan to produce 1million EVs per year from 2022

Volkswagen’s target is producing 3million EVs annually by 2025

Ford have announced they will have 16 EV models available by 2025 and some are questioning their sustainability past 2023 due to this late low number commitment

...and that’s just a few but that to me is where sentiment is headed!

make up you own mind as to where EVs are headed. With all the major (and minor)car manufacturers committing to producing huge numbers of EVs all at once in the very near future, where is the price of Li going I wonder? Not down!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GLN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.