GLN 0.00% 11.5¢ galan lithium limited

If anybody would like some light reading for the weekend,...

1. 199 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 55
    If anybody would like some light reading for the weekend, Argentina's mining ministry have just released a special lithium report outlining their views on the global market, comparing and contrasting different nations lithium strategies and a good general history to the market which I think is important to understand to see the point we are at now. (The second link is the translated version that doesn't look as pretty but is much easier to read if you dont speak Spanish cool.png)

https://www.argentina.gob.ar/sites/default/files/informe_litio_-_octubre_2021.pdf
    https://translatewebpages.org/output/1633739466755/result-html.html?autotranslate

In one of old mate Joe Lowry's recent podcasts with Carlos Galli, a large discussion is had about the industry in Argentina and how quite often there is lots of talks around the boardroom table within the government about policies but usually that's all it ever usually eventuates too - talking and not doing. Hopefully this special report is a result of that and gets to the right places to continue to allow them to support and help the companies both exploring and operating to be mutually beneficial to their own economy.

One of the key things I took away from that episode was that when they were discussing Hombre Muerto, they kept coming back to the point that the limiting factor in the companies operating on the Salar and wanting to expand is access to fresh water, with notable problems being faced in Atacama by the likes of SQM sucking up too much water and drying out surrounding towns. Even our Neighbour Livent has found itself in hot water with the locals for the same reason however not to the same extent. Link below for more information if anyone's interested.

https://www.ocmal.org/lithium-firms-depleting-vital-water-supplies-in-chile-analysis-suggests/

In our PEA for HMW it mentions that the location of the Fresh Water well was provided to be accounted for in CAPEX calculations. I'm interested to know whether they plan on using what could be our saving grace from Candelas, which is the water that's fresh enough to use as processing water after reverse osmosis from the Rio De Los Patos that runs through the middle project. "Candelas has suffice area for evaporation pods, processing infrastructure and has access to great, fresh process water."

Can anyone else recall the mention of fresh water from HMW or whether there has been any mention of specifically what Fresh Water had been used in the PEA? I couldn't find anything.

Just had a quick look on the satellite's too and couldn't spot any more drilling being done albeit there is a lot of cloud cover. As another person mentioned the other day hopefully we wont be left doing the guesswork for what our most recent raise money was going towards for much longer, as I'm sure this could be something flagged with the board for you guys over in Perth with the upcoming meetings. After digging way back through announcements this morning our initial drilling campaigns results were very detailed in announcements and updated quite frequently during the stages of drilling, although I realize we have matured as a company a lot since then a few more little tidbits of information would be appreciated smile.png Hold strong as always gang.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GLN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
11.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $58.26M
Open High Low Value Volume
12.0¢ 12.3¢ 11.5¢ $137.6K 1.159M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 129971 11.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
12.0¢ 8122 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GLN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.