GLN 0.00% 12.5¢ galan lithium limited

General Discussion Banter GLN, page-9940

1. 5,052 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5097
    Hi @paulgf, thanks for your very thoughtful and considered response, it is appreciated (and to others who have responded too, pleased to see my questions were taken in the right spirit). If I’m honest, I think your response, while great, provides more questions than answers for me:

- understand your point about a longer-than-two-year timeframe, that would work if we were considering Galan in isolation. But my point here is that compared to many peers, we lag. They’ve found positive share price discovery in the past two years (some in less time), but Galan - less so. I guess we were starting off a lower base, I think when I first bought it we were around $120M market cap.

- putting a difference between explorers/developers verse producers makes sense, however I can see many in the former category with lofty valuations that Galan does not enjoy, so that alone cannot be the reason.

- on one hand you make a case for why Galan is fairly priced, on the other you suggest it’s still very cheap. I don’t see how both can be true.

- you correctly note that other Argentinian assets have attracted either high offers, or large market caps. Galan has not, all things considered.

- the troubles Orocobre/Allkem have had with their brine bothers me too. That’s why I have started to consider/realise that as a general rule, institutional money gravitates to hard rock, not brine (I agree this is partly a function of the fact that Australian deposits are hard rock, and money managers what to park their funds in a Tier 1 jurisdiction)

- the bear market comment is true, but whilst many companies have cooled off a bit, most still enjoy strong/lofty valuations thanks to the high commodity pricing coming out of China.

Overall I agree with your sentiment and I’m not in any great hurry, but all of the above has made me start to question if there’s something else I’ve been missing. I’m still not there yet. Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GLN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
12.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $61.71M
Open High Low Value Volume
12.5¢ 13.0¢ 12.0¢ $148.1K 1.187M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
14 736387 12.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
13.0¢ 315150 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 07/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GLN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.