G88 16.7% 1.4¢ golden mile resources ltd

Not sure how much of the article I'm allowed to quote, but here...

1. 4,028 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 907

Not sure how much of the article I'm allowed to quote, but here are some relevant decent chunks:

...“Sentiment and confidence are very low right now, every broker that I’ve spoken to in the last two weeks is down in the dumps and happy to see the end of the calendar year.

“Usually when you start hearing everyone is bearish and depressed like that, I like to take a bit of a contrarian view and think that we’re probably nearing a bottom in that end of the market.

“Looking ahead to CY2023 and into 2024, sentiment can’t get much worse so I am quietly confident we will get a rally into the year end and in the first quarter of CY2024.”

Copper and nickel to fly in 2024

Two commodities that Faulkner expects to perform well next year are nickel and copper.

“There are supply issues with both commodities but probably more so with copper with the whole electric vehicle and green energy transition,” he says.

“Copper demand is going to continue to grow and there’s not a lot of new supply coming online.

“New mines are taking a lot longer to get approved and most of the high-grade deposits have been depleted – new copper discoveries are generally low-grade and take years for production to come online.

“Everyone sees copper as a proxy to global growth and China’s economy slowing down has negatively on the copper price.”

Nickel, on the other hand, is a bit forgotten when it comes to the energy transition, he says.

“However, it is a key component in all the electric vehicles, and it should also perform well next year.”

Then, under the heading "Top Picks", there's this on Golden Mile:

Golden Mile Resources: ‘Less developed but a good commodity mix’

Faulkner’s third pick is Golden Mile Resources (ASX:G88) whose flagship Quicksilver nickel-cobalt project about 288km southeast of Perth holds a resource of 26.3Mt and 0.64% nickel.

“Their Youanmi gold project is in the highly prospective Eastern Goldfields region with two drill rigs running at the moment,” he says.

“The company is probably less developed when compared with QMines and WMG but it only has a market cap of around $10m, so there’s plenty of exploration upside potential.

“They also have a good commodity mix with gold being a bit of a hedge, and plenty of news flow to come with their drilling program.

Hard to draw meaningful comparisons, I guess, but it's interesting that Faulkner rates G88 as "less developed" than WMG, when he can at least cite a Resource Estimate at Quicksilver. (And, leaving aside the spectacular high-grade Ni vermiculite intersections, some pretty respectable beneficiated grades to boot!)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add G88 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.4¢
Change
0.002(16.7%)
Mkt cap ! $6.168M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.3¢ 1.7¢ 1.3¢ $95.89K 6.739M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 2970130 1.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.4¢ 317148 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.41pm 21/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
1.5¢
  Change
0.002 ( 25.0 %)
Open High Low Volume
1.3¢ 1.7¢ 1.3¢ 3119633
Last updated 14.55pm 21/05/2024 ?
G88 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.