IG6 1.18% 8.4¢ international graphite limited

Thanks for keeping a pulse going on these threads, Surandy. Just...

1. 4,338 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2629
    Thanks for keeping a pulse going on these threads, Surandy. Just as it is important for mining companies to keep a steady flow of announcements going I think it is handy for the coals to be raked here among retail investors as well.

I've reached the view that the colonel's 11 secret herbs and spices for this company is the downstream expertise they have in the team: these are the blokes that tell other graphite companies how to think. That Springdale has surprised to the positive is a real bonus, and the combination of downstream expertise and upstream quality and quantity means that the company has a reasonable chance of moving through the development phase.

An easy comparison for me is between this company, International Graphite, and Renascor Resources, RNU. Obviously RNU's proposed operations are far bigger, and RNU is more advanced than IG6 but also its market cap, at $342m, is more than twenty times that of IG6, currently at $15m. I suspect the Chinese are doing what they always do, and that is shag commodity prices to drive out competition, in this case graphite. Maybe when the Chinese release the brake on prices Renascor can finally make their numbers add up (as seems obvious, they cannot do now). But in the meantime I reckon its a fairly simple arbitrage between IG6 and RNU: in no way is Renascor twenty times the investment as Independent Graphite.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IG6 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.4¢
Change
-0.001(1.18%)
Mkt cap ! $16.25M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.5¢ 8.5¢ 8.4¢ $17.27K 204.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 66225 8.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.4¢ 18029 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IG6 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.