MEI 0.00% 15.5¢ meteoric resources nl

As I mentioned on Friday, the big issue for long term holders...

1. 125 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 130
    As I mentioned on Friday, the big issue for long term holders will be China. China have the BRICS alliance with Brazil and this means China will have the biggest say in what goes on with this project. It is a great project and as China's own stocks of ionic clays are depleting, they will be looking to this project in Brazil to solve that issue.

There is so much still to unfold here and the company even states that the start of the SS/PFS won't be until the end of the year. Those who got in early with MEI (congrats if you did) are taking profits and looking elsewhere or those who haven't taken profits are sticking around longer term.

There is so much to happen before then however, there is currently no where outside of China that refines heavy rare earths. Lynas were/are in talks with department of defense last I heard (haven't been in them or looked at them in ages so couldn't tell you now) and of course IXR are in talks with the US about building a refinery as well. Again, a long way off, but MEI holders who want to hold long term have to look to where they could possibly send their Ionic clay to be refined.

IXR had the initial non-binding MOU with Chinalco which the market tore to shreds. That later expired and they decided to do the complete opposite: go away from China. If MEI head down the same initial path then that won't be well received long term. You have to think that there is a very good chance they do go down that path due to Brazil's allegiance with the BRICS nations, one of which is China. The new Brazilian president has made it clear that his country his an ally to China.

This is only a worry for the longer term holders, but if you got in early then you would be already up so it won't bother you too much. I see this as a concern more so for any new potential investors with the longer term outlook. With a market cap of 300 million already, it's going to be a long time before you would see your first bag (100% return) and then with the geopolitics at play, the fact that an SS/PSF won't even begin until end of the year (says so in here Q4), just have to weigh up the options.

I think this is why some investors have taken profits, perhaps it was the short term traders. Either way this is a monster in the making and going to be the most watched rare earth project imo. I wish those that ride it out all the best but I just have fears whenever the Chinese will be involved. The CCP are the dirtiest players in the game and will stick their beaks in wherever they see fit if it means they get what they want. Good luck all and all the best

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
15.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $308.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
15.5¢ 16.0¢ 15.0¢ $718.6K 4.638M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
37 1554551 15.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
15.5¢ 122075 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MEI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.