AAU 0.00% 0.4¢ antilles gold limited

General Discussion on AAU, page-379

1. 1,983 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 259
    @pdi

Hey mate, I think some of the tone in the responses you have drawn has been a bit stiff but I guess naturally people will get their backs up if possible threats come along (human nature).

I've actually been thinking the same as you and noted that Cuba has still sided with Russia in the current conflict by choosing not to partake in sanctions or condemning the invasion of Ukraine. There exists a real risk that in an escalation of the war through a number of possible actions from multiple Governments that could see Cuba on the naughty list from the West. What that may look like is anyone's guess, further more what that means for AAU and its share holders is also up for debate. For disclosure I've sold 200k options out of the 500k I held last week and the week before as the conversion date gets closer and the share price has slipped, I do intend on getting some more shares though to make up for it when I have funds available as my ute is in at the mechanics at the moment and a hefty bill is on the way.
    The following points have eased my anxiety about AAU getting to production, the oppies for me have become a riskier investment than what I thought when i initially bought in September last year.

1. Brian's track record - hard to disagree that Brian's track record is very very good. Experienced man across different sectors with a big network of people to rely upon over his years. He mentions his accomplishments in the 180 Markets interview from October last year.

2. Water tight Contracts - The failure in the Dominion Republic I actually see as a positive that Brian and the team have been able to nail the DR Government for failing to meet their obligations in that venture to the tune of 30m USD. This gives me great hope that should Cuban Gov try the same shifty business here they will ultimately be held accountable and have to pay up. Not to mention the string of projects that Antilles' has been able to choose from means we get the pick of the bunch with a lot of exploration all ready conducted and in some cases mining. We already know what to expect when the drills go down which for me makes this such a good buy at under 30m mkt cap as there is a bunch of lifestyle explorations companies on the ASX trading at higher market caps.

3. top 20 holding - This is probably the biggest factor for me. Brian has been buying on market at higher price points and when the project was a bit riskier. At 83 you could forgive him for kicking his feet up and just taking a salary and not leading from the front foot, or even just retire all together, I know I would.

To summarise, with the projects getting shoveled onto AAU'S Geo team and being told to take your pick, (that's a lot of cost saving and guess work being taken care of in its self), low mkt cap, low SOI, equivalent 2Moz resource to be defined in the next month or two, drills constantly turning now on not just gold/silver but zinc and copper deposits too, there is enough meat on the bone to keep me around for a while longer.

@LeSnaks hey mate had a pretty big week with my personal health taking a turn and also handing my notice in at current job so I will email you during the week for a proper discussion but i will try say g'day shortly before nodding off, really appreciate you thinking of me!

Last edited by Mencel_as_anything: 15/05/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AAU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $5.114M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
46 43746007 0.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.4¢ 27713460 22
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AAU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.