BTA 0.00% 57.0¢ biota holdings limited

I find it extremely hard to believe that a pharmacy would not...

1. 66 Posts.
    I find it extremely hard to believe that a pharmacy would not have this drug in stock.

On another note, many of the doctors I work with even have samples in their drawers but don't even know about them lol. They prescribe Tamiflu because it has studies proving saftey in children (while Relenza does not) and because people prefer to take a pill for some reason. Marketing or 'product awareness' as a rep may call it, is also essential for both the doctor and the patient, and both often haven't heard of or use Relenza.

I agree with abve poster that Tamiflu resistance is largely due to its widespread use, rather than it being inferior (though there is no way to prove this).

Fortunately, Relenza will still sell 90% of stock to government stockpiles, so this isn't an issue at the moment. Succesful development of LANI or IV Relenza would become instantly superior to Tamiflu.

The fact that to get free anti-virals from the stockpile you have to go to a public hospital emergency department is one of the many reasons why GP prescribing will have minimal effect on the profit margin. That and restricted prescribing guidelines to only allow severely unwell or high risk (pregnant women; elderly; morbidly obese) patients access to these drugs (on PBS) means Relenxa will usually only be prescribed to others on request.

P.S. Good news the share price is slowly moving towards it's goal.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.