ALC 8.47% 6.4¢ alcidion group limited

Hi @cossackSouthThank you for sharing your thoughts and insights...

1. 835 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1715
    Hi @cossackSouth

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and insights as someone involved in the health technology business , it is very much appreciated.

Regarding the share price decline, your guess is as good as mine. It does feel as if the market has changed how it value companies. It used to be focused on growth at all costs but now the market wants a very clear view when a growth company will hit breakeven or profitability (and it better be soon). Perhaps not unsurprisingly given all the macro factors currently at play.

As you also correctly pointed out, the space that Alcidion is predominately playing in currently is also unique. Inertia, health bureaucracy, risk aversion, politics etc are all impediments that a company like Alcidion has to navigate through carefully. And sometimes, time and patience is required to lay all the necessary groundwork before progress occurs. Obviously, I am also waiting for progress on the operational front to flow through to the underlying financials.

It is not an easy time being an Alcidion shareholder, but I am (rightly or wrongly) keeping my faith in both management and the company... for now...

Happy for others to express their views (including opposing views), but would appreciate a greater level of detail into why they think so.

Given the continual share price decline and the wreckage in the technology sector, I also think that we should be a little more considerate and sensitive towards the feelings of others. I know personally that some are coping badly with the fall in their portfolio or portfolio loss So all the grandstanding on how they pick the top of the market (whether skill or sheer luck) or how Alcidion is going below 10 cents should be expressed in a more considerate way.

... Remember what goes around comes around...

@fourbees - Alcidion only reports on Recurring Revenue, not Annualised Recurring Revenue.

In the last 4C webinar, the CFO clarified that when the company refers to recurring revenue – they are not referring to annual recurring revenue. Some of their revenue recurs over a longer period (2 to 5 years which is the typical contract length with a renewal option in the healthcare space).

Both measures (recurring revenue and annualised recurring revenue) have pros and cons. For example, one can argue that Alcidion's revenue quality is lower than a typical SaaS businesses such as Elmo and Whispir that has a recurring transitional profile. But then, Alcidion's products has a higher degree of stickiness (at least over the length of the contract) due to barriers to entry. Just something to note when you are comparing Alcidion to other SaaS businesses, and the metrics used.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.4¢
Change
0.005(8.47%)
Mkt cap ! $85.91M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.0¢ 6.4¢ 6.0¢ $47.18K 769.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 474817 5.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.4¢ 170435 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
6.0¢
  Change
0.005 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
6.1¢ 6.2¢ 6.0¢ 385086
Last updated 15.56pm 15/05/2024 ?
ALC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.