BAS 4.55% 10.5¢ bass oil limited

General discussion thread, page-223

1. 536 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 208
    MAY has 1.9 Billion barrels of Oil in Place + 109 million barrels of prospective resource

MAY has hit the oil and are now moving on to appraisal

MAY current market cap just under $300 million

BAS has 21TCF Gas in Place + 845 million barrels of oil/condensate in place

Santos next door to BAS hit the goods on the exact same deep coal that's in the BAS tenement causing the surge in BAS share price
    Santos quarterly mentions it being a success and moving on to commercialization / appraisal stage (same how MAY is now doing appraisal)

BAS market cap however is only $45 million and they are already producing at another asset / have revenue. This is what im trying to grasp here, they are potential take over target at multiples of the current price from STO

I am interested in both MAY and BAS so im just making comparisons speaking out loud here and hope to get your thoughts on this

The main difference i see is that MAY personally de-risked by hitting the goods, whereas BAS is using STO success as the big de-risking event (however this is rightfully so, as its the exact same deepcoal). The other thing is once confirmation of Santos appraisal works, it opens the doors for the Cooper Basin which BAS holds multiple tenements in, not just PEL 182

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BAS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
10.5¢
Change
-0.005(4.55%)
Mkt cap ! $30.49M
Open High Low Value Volume
11.0¢ 11.5¢ 10.5¢ $39.67K 349.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 139385 10.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
11.0¢ 24900 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BAS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.