BAS 8.06% 5.7¢ bass oil limited

iirc American options (I don't know if baso are American,...

1. 100 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12
    iirc American options (I don't know if baso are American, European, or exotic. I'd assume European but just in case) can be exercised at any time by calling your broker, paying their fee and having the necessary money in your account. If you want to exercise early you will have to actually contact your broker, you can't do it through the app (at least with CMC, CommSec might be different).

European options can only be exercised on their expiry date.

exotic options are rare in Australia anyway and can vary on exercise date so no point explaining them because I highly doubt BASO are any kind of exotic.

also I believe that, if the options are in the money, and you have the necessary funds in your account of course, they should be automatically exercised on your behalf. This might depend on your broker though, so it's best to check with them for the actual details.

also also my recommendation for people who don't understand options is to avoid playing with options because they're much riskier than regular speculative trading. With heads you stand to lose as much as you put in, but if the price has dropped since you bought in then you will likely still have a little something to recover. If options expire out of the money then you lose the whole value. The leverage is nice but bigger rewards usually include bigger risks. That's not even considering selling options, where you stand to lose more than you put in, but thats not BASO

^^Just as a fair warning to any who wanted to try them out of course. I'm not a financial advisor and it's your money so do what you want with it
    Last edited by fallenseagull: 01/09/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BAS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.7¢
Change
-0.005(8.06%)
Mkt cap ! $16.55M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.0¢ 6.0¢ 5.7¢ $4.476K 74.65K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 228181 5.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.7¢ 335 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.53pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BAS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.