SYA 3.57% 2.7¢ sayona mining limited

Hey Loui,Lots in that post! Agree/disagree in many areas so I'll...

1. 10,956 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3649
    Hey Loui,

Lots in that post! Agree/disagree in many areas so I'll just focus on the main point of divergence

"If you use hydroxide you need nickel, for without it, the range suffers and is no better than an LFP.....NOT using Nickel is the MO for LFP, which essentially then precludes hydroxide."

I believe that the Red is Wrong and the Green is Right - up to the readers to validate.

The HIGH NICKEL chemistry ... i.e. NMC8xx really requires Hydroxide. Mid Nickel (so NMC 6xx) can use Carbonate instead of Hydroxide but there are trade-offs and LFP has NO NICKEL ... and that is why LFP batteries are cheaper (no nickel)

Maybe this helps?? The biggest sensitivity cost items are Nickel and Cobalt ... which are absent in LFP (and note in this, the common use of Hydroxide in LFP and NMC).

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5312/5312013-4621d24d6f61f6cb81a040638ff599b6.jpgI'm not dismissive of LFP (or LMO) chemistries ... they definitely have their place in EVs (and really in the sweet spot for ESS).

I am particularly focused on the NA market in certain investments (like, SYA, PLL, LAC to mention some) and not so focused with others (like AKE, PLS, LLL).

It's a case of horses for courses and IMO Hydroxide from spodumene is the right horse for NA ... Why else are we invested in SYA long term - surely it must be Moblan and 100Ktpy of Hydroxide and not 23Ktpy of Carbonate.

We differ in perspective on the other points though as I'm not "Sayona-centric" - its one of many. And I'm hedging my bets on technology. If and its a big IF, the technology for clay and oil field brine lithium works at scale, they have a massive advantage. Look who has some of the largest resources in North America (convert to LCE) - you might be surprised. And some of them rain on my Hydroxide parade as well as Carbonate.

I agree that Ford is betting big on Carbonate, even the F150-Lightning is going to have a LFP - all dependent on that CATL (Chinese) partnership. That is not plain sailing either
    https://waysandmeans.house.gov/automakers-troubling-deal-with-chinese-company-raises-questions-about-democrats-electric-vehicle-tax-credits-2/

Net net ... plenty of opinions - right or wrong. Invest wisely.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.7¢
Change
-0.001(3.57%)
Mkt cap ! $277.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.7¢ 2.8¢ 2.7¢ $246.3K 9.096M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
29 2273103 2.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.8¢ 3142225 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 23/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.