SYA 0.00% 3.4¢ sayona mining limited

General Discussion Topics, page-102023

1. 3,276 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1383
    I did hijack your discussion with Loui and turned it into a conversation about the CAPEX, mea culpa.

But for me it's silly to talk OPEX without getting over the giant hump that is CAPEX and who will pay for it.

And yes, being responsible for 25%, PLL has to be part of the conversation. And as far as Sayona obtaining capital for their 75%, if PLL could get a $75m capital injection from LG as part of their OT agreement, which by the way, didn't go back into the JV, but went directly to them, it stands to reason that Sayona could do the same, with their $75m going directly to the carbonate plant. That along with the generous tax breaks being given out by the government, FCF, revenue, and we're suddenly down to covering the rest with spare change. And that's not even taking into consideration potential loans and grants, et al.

Maybe that's one of the two important announcements that Fitzgibbon is planning to make next month?

And as far as pointing the finger at PLL for delaying the carbonate plant PFS amongst other things, I think it's a very reasonable assumption to make. They DO stand to lose their revenue stream once the carbonate plant is up and running, in addition to having to fork over $75m. Do you disagree with that?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYA (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.